Do you have a trip coming up and are you aware of the regulations that you need to meet?
If you are traveling with a car or train, there is no clearance needed. However, if you are traveling with a plane, then there are some flying restrictions you need to be mindful of. You can always check with your airline when you purchase your ticket. I traveled when I was 29 weeks pregnant, and here are the regulations I had to meet during my travel:
- No health report is necessary until the end of the 27th week of pregnancy.
- Pregnant women expecting one baby can fly with a doctors report that states that they are for to fly by air carriage between 28-35 weeks. Past 35 weeks, you cannot fly even with medical clearance.
- Pregnant women expecting twins or more can fly with a doctors report that states that they are for to fly by air carriage between 28-31 weeks. Past 31 weeks, they cannot fly even with medical clearance.
- Medical clearance must be dated maximum 7 days prior to the flight.
- Report must include doctors full name, license number and signature.
I would like to hear about your perspective. What do you think? Please comment and let me know!
Images retrieved from: